Including a scenic helicopter flight over the sandstone domes and Piccaninny Creek and hike into Piccaninny Gorge.
Tour BB4 | High level of fitness required.
- Departs From:
Bellburn Airstrip, Purnululu National Park
- Time and Duration:
7:00am to 3:30pm
- Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure
- Included: Picnic lunch, morning and afternoon tea and cold water
- Children under 12 years are not permitted on this tour
- Price: $997 pp
Meet your local tour guide at the HeliSpirit office at Bellburn airstrip in Purnululu National Park. Join your fellow travellers on this unique small group guided tour. After your briefing, board a helicopter to fly over the south west of the Bungle Bungle to “Y” Gorge before soaring across the top of the enormous massif to the mouth of spectacular Piccaninny Gorge where we land. This enormous gorge spreads into five fingers as it cuts through the Bungle Bungle Range. Your guide will lead the hike into the gorge and tell you about the area’s cultural significance to the Aboriginal people and it’s unique history, which led to the World Heritage listing of Purnululu.
The hike is up to 10km return and requires a high level of fitness and mobility. The rocky creek bed of Piccaninny Gorge is classed as a level 5 walk.
Your return helicopter flight continues along the southern face, following Piccaninny Creek where you can view the mouth of Cathedral Gorge and soar amongst the famous orange and black striped sandstone beehive shaped domes.
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge?
Accommodation in a private ensuite cabin with 3-course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast from $297pp. Departure in the morning is at 7:00am or 10:00am.
Flights to the Bungle Bungle
To fly to the Bungle Bungle is really the flight of a lifetime, with scenery so spectacular you won’t know which way to look first. Aeroplanes give a broad panoramic view of the landscape and helicopters give a thrilling close up view with excellent photographic opportunities. Flights departing Kununurra view the Ord Irrigation Area, Lake Argyle and Argyle Diamond Mine enroute. Departing Warmun views are of the Osmand Range and Purnululu Conservation area. All flights include aerial views of the Bungles to different areas of Purnululu than on the Piccaninny Gorge heli-hike.
Tour pricing including Scenic Aeroplane Transfers
We recommend you stay overnight at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge if you’re flying in from Kununurra to do this tour, as it’s a huge day. Add $297 pp to the price below (plus $161 for single supplement)
|Departure Location||Adult Cost||Times|
|Kununurra (Tour Code: P)||$1847 pp||6:00am – 5:00pm|
Tour pricing including Scenic Helicopter Transfers
|Departure Location||Adult Cost||Times|
|Warmun (Tour Code: B45BB4)||$1,895 pp||6:30am – 4:00pm|
Explore Our Other 8 Tours
Day Tours from Kununurra
Bungle Bungle Over Night Tours
Walks from Purululu
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- ' Our overall experience from booking, to flights, to ground tour at Bungles to return flight was excellent. Aviair were extremely professional in their approach - friendly, clear expectations to clarify any passengers flying concerns. The commentary whilst we were in the air was informative and easy to hear. The comfort of the plane was superior - air-conditioning was appreciated. The scenic tour aspect of the flight was fabulous! What amazing views of unique landscapes! The pilot was highly professional. The ground tour at the Bungles was excellent. The guides were friendly, funny and informative. Enjoyed the company of those on our walking tour, too. Overall, a highly memorable day. Absolutely worthwhile. The reservations system was excellent too. My few inquiries after booking were answered promptly and in a friendly manner. My phone call just prior to the tour was also answered promptly and attended to professionally. Thank you to all.' Grace