Including a scenic helicopter flight over the sandstone domes and Piccaninny Creek and hike into Piccaninny Gorge.
Tour BB4 | High level of fitness required.
- Departs From:
Bellburn Airstrip, Purnululu National Park
- Time and Duration:
7:00am to 3:30pm
- Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Included: Picnic lunch, morning and afternoon tea and cold water.
- Children under 12 years are not permitted on this tour.
- Price: $997 pp
Meet your local tour guide at the HeliSpirit office at Bellburn airstrip in Purnululu National Park. Join your fellow travellers on this unique small group guided tour. After your briefing, board a helicopter to fly over the south west of the Bungle Bungle to “Y” Gorge before soaring across the top of the enormous massif to the mouth of spectacular Piccaninny Gorge where we land. This enormous gorge spreads into five fingers as it cuts through the Bungle Bungle Range. Your guide will lead the hike into the gorge and tell you about the area’s cultural significance to the Aboriginal people and it’s unique history, which led to the World Heritage listing of Purnululu.
The hike is up to 10km return and requires a high level of fitness and mobility. The rocky creek bed of Piccaninny Gorge is classed as a level 5 walk.
Your return helicopter flight continues along the southern face, following Piccaninny Creek where you can view the mouth of Cathedral Gorge and soar amongst the famous orange and black striped sandstone beehive shaped domes.
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge?
Accommodation in a private ensuite cabin with 3-course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast from $297pp. Departure in the morning is at 7 am or 10 am.
Flights to the Bungle Bungle
To fly to the Bungle Bungle is really the flight of a lifetime, with scenery so spectacular you won’t know which way to look first. Aeroplanes give a broad panoramic view of the landscape and helicopters give a thrilling close up view with excellent photographic opportunities. Flights departing Kununurra view the Ord Irrigation Area, Lake Argyle and Argyle Diamond Mine enroute. Departing Warmun views are of the Osmand Range and Purnululu Conservation area. All flights include aerial views of the Bungles to different areas of Purnululu than on the Piccaninny Gorge heli-hike.
Tour pricing including Scenic Aeroplane Transfers
We recommend you stay overnight at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge if you’re flying in from Kununurra to do this tour, as it’s a huge day. Add $297 pp to the price below (plus $161 for single supplement)
|Departure Location||Adult Cost||Times|
|Kununurra – Tour code: P||$1847 pp||6:00am – 5:00pm|
Tour pricing including Scenic Helicopter Transfers
|Departure Location||Adult Cost||Times|
|Warmun – B45BB4||$1,895 pp||6:30am – 4:00pm|
Explore Our Other 8 Tours
Day Tours from Kununurra
Bungle Bungle Over Night Tours
Walks from Purululu
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- All in all a fantastic day that I will never forget, thanks again to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- We were extremely pleased with the tour and have recommended it to people we have met since.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer