SNAPSHOT OF THIS TOUR:
- Return scenic flights over the Bungles and Lake Argyle
- Departs Kununurra 9:00am on Day 1 (6:00am in September)
- Cathedral Gorge and Domes guided walking tour, lunch included, on Day 1
- Overnight at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge, with Dinner, Bed & Breakfast included
- Northern Gorges and Echidna Chasm guided walking tour, lunch included, on Day 2
- Afternoon return to Kununurra on Day 2
This tour begins with a scenic flight departing Kununurra, which gives views of the magnificent Ord River and Lake Argyle as well as Lissadell Station, Texas Downs Station, the rugged Osmand Ranges before arriving to Purnululu National Park.
From here, you will be driven in an air-conditioned 4WD bus to the beginning of your walk. Your guide will lead you on a moderate 3km walk throughout the famous eroded towers and beehive-shaped domes on the Domes Walk. Head towards Cathedral Gorge, where you can walk alongside towering cliffs which create phenomenal natural acoustics within the Gorge.
After a day of exploring, relax in your cabin or else by the pool at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and take in a beautiful East Kimberley sunset. Dinner is freshly prepared by our in-house chefs and can be eaten either inside the lodge dining room, or under the stars in an alfresco dining area.
The next morning, enjoy a delicious breakfast in the Lodge dining area, before beginning a second day of adventuring.
You will then take a 65-minute drive to the northern end of the Park along the Western Wall of the Bungle Bungle Range. Head into Echidna Chasm on a rocky path nestled between cliffs that narrows at points to less than 1.5 metres wide. This 1.5 hour walk can be challenging at points and requires full mobility.
After a fantastic day of walking and exploring, you will take your return flight to Kununurra, passing over the fascinating Argyle Diamond Mine.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Enclosed walking shoes
- Suncreen & light clothing
- Refillable water bottle
- Medication (if required)
- Warm clothing for cool evenings all in a small, soft carry bag weighing no more than 8kgs
TOUR PRICE INFORMATION:
Two Full Day Tour and Overnight