Bungle Bungle Guided Tours
It’s more than just a tour –
One of only 16 UNESCO Natural World Heritage sites in Australia, Purnululu National Park covers almost 240,000 hectares of remote wilderness and includes the Bungle Bungle Range, a spectacular landscape of sculptured rocks and sandstone towers. Your guide will take you back to a time where the Aboriginal people lived here for some 40,000 years. Learn about bush-tucker, Aboriginal customs and the many reasons why Purnululu is World Heritage listed. Immerse yourself in the spirit of this ancient place. Bungle Bungle Guided Tours is an Accredited Tourism Business and offers a unique experience, providing guided walking tours with an Aboriginal perspective of the World Heritage listed Purnululu National Park. Locally owned, our experienced guides showcase the cultural significance and history of the Bungle Bungle.
We provide sunblock, refreshments and meals (as noted) and water to refill water bottles.
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above, why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge? Situated at the southern end of Purnululu in Savannah grassland, the lodge has the only swimming pool in the national park, licensed bar, an open air dining deck as well as indoor dining room. Enjoy delicious meals freshly prepared by our in-house chefs and watch the sun fall below the horizon at our private sunset spot.
The cabins are stand-alone and feature multiple louvre windows for natural air-flow throughout, a pedestal fan, bedside tables, wall-mounted lights and comfortable hotel quality queen or king split beds. Your private ensuite is fitted with a flushing toilet, heated shower, hand basin and mirror, environmentally friendly toiletries, quality towels and 240-volt solar generated power.
Dinner, bed and breakfast packages start from $349pp.
Tours start from Bellburn Airstrip, Purnululu National Park between the months of April and September.
The 53km drive into the national park from the
Great Northern Highway is via a rugged track that is only accessible by four wheel-drive vehicles. This can take approximately two to three hours.
FLY BY PLANE
Fly-in packages are available with departures from Kununurra, flying in an air-conditioned, fixed-wing aircraft with Aviair.
FLY BY HELICOPTER
Helicopter transfers with HeliSpirit are available
from Kununurra, Lake Argyle and Warmun.
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- ' Our overall experience from booking, to flights, to ground tour at Bungles to return flight was excellent. Aviair were extremely professional in their approach - friendly, clear expectations to clarify any passengers flying concerns. The commentary whilst we were in the air was informative and easy to hear. The comfort of the plane was superior - air-conditioning was appreciated. The scenic tour aspect of the flight was fabulous! What amazing views of unique landscapes! The pilot was highly professional. The ground tour at the Bungles was excellent. The guides were friendly, funny and informative. Enjoyed the company of those on our walking tour, too. Overall, a highly memorable day. Absolutely worthwhile. The reservations system was excellent too. My few inquiries after booking were answered promptly and in a friendly manner. My phone call just prior to the tour was also answered promptly and attended to professionally. Thank you to all.' Grace
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- All in all a fantastic day that I will never forget, thanks again to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our tour guide was excellent and we felt we gained a great feeling for the area after our trip with her, I am sure there are many people like us who would love the tour.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer