Bungle Bungle Guided Tours
It’s more than just a tour –
One of only 12 UNESCO Natural World Heritage sites in Australia, Purnululu National Park covers almost 240,000 hectares of remote wilderness and includes the Bungle Bungle Range, a spectacular landscape of sculptured rocks and sandstone towers. Your guide will take you back to a time where the Aboriginal people lived here for some 40,000 years. Learn about bush-tucker, Aboriginal customs and the many reasons why Purnululu is World Heritage listed. Immerse yourself in the spirit of this ancient place. Bungle Bungle Guided Tours is an Accredited Tourism Business and offers a unique experience, providing guided walking tours with an Aboriginal perspective of the World Heritage listed Purnululu National Park. Locally owned, our experienced guides showcase the cultural significance and history of the Bungle Bungle.
We provide sunblock, refreshments and meals (as noted) and water to refill water bottles.
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge? Situated at the southern end of Purnululu in Savannah grassland, the lodge has a freshwater swimming pool and an open air dining deck as well as indoor dining room.
Accommodation in a spacious private ensuite cabin with 3 course dinner and cooked breakfast is from $297pp. Departure in the morning is at 7am or 10am.
Tours start from Bellburn airstrip, Purnululu National Park.
The park is 4WD access only and Bellburn is 76 km from the Great Northern highway. The access road is Spring Creek Track which meanders through Mabel Downs Cattle Station, through hills and over creek-beds. It is a pretty drive that takes between 2 to 3 hours depending on the current conditions.
You can fly in to join our tours from most Kimberley towns with a scenic flight transfer by plane or helicopter.
Scenic flights over the Kimberley are spectacular and show the hidden secrets you just don’t see from the ground. Choose from a helicopter departing from Warmun or Kununurra or an aeroplane departing from Kununurra, El Questro or Broome.
- Our tour guide was excellent and we felt we gained a great feeling for the area after our trip with her, I am sure there are many people like us who would love the tour.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- All in all a fantastic day that I will never forget, thanks again to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Thank you so much to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours for an absolutely spectacular day.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer