Bungle Bungle Guided Tours
It’s more than just a tour –
Bungle Bungle Guided Tours is an Accredited Tourism Business and offers a unique experience, providing guided walking tours with an Aboriginal perspective of the World Heritage listed Purnululu National Park. Locally owned, we aim to employ only local Aboriginal guides who share their culture with visitors whilst on tour.
One of only 12 UNESCO Natural World Heritage sites in Australia, Purnululu National Park covers almost 240,000 hectares of remote wilderness and includes the Bungle Bungle Range, a spectacular landscape of sculptured rocks and sandstone towers. Your local guide will take you back to a time where the Aboriginal people lived here for some 40,000 years. Learn about bush-tucker, Aboriginal customs and the many reasons why Purnululu is World Heritage listed. Immerse yourself in the spirit of this ancient place.
We provide chilled face towels, sunblock, refreshments and meals (as noted) and water to refill water bottles.
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge? Situated at the southern end of Purnululu in Savannah grassland, the lodge has a freshwater swimming pool and an open air dining deck as well as indoor dining room.
Accommodation in a spacious safari cabin with ensuite, 3 course dinner and cooked breakfast is from $250pp. Departure in the morning is at 7am or 10am.
Tours start from Bellburn airstrip, Purnululu National Park.
The park is 4WD access only and Bellburn is 76 km from the Great Northern highway. The access road is Spring Creek Track which meanders through Mabel Downs Cattle Station, through hills and over creek-beds. It is a pretty drive that takes between 2 to 3 hours depending on the current conditions.
You can fly in to join our tours from most Kimberley towns with a scenic flight transfer by plane or helicopter.
Scenic flights over the Kimberley are spectacular and show the hidden secrets you just don’t see from the ground. Choose from a helicopter departing from Warmun or Kununurra or an aeroplane departing from Kununurra, El Questro, Halls Creek or Broome.
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor
- We were extremely pleased with the tour and have recommended it to people we have met since.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- All in all a fantastic day that I will never forget, thanks again to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Thank you so much to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours for an absolutely spectacular day.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer