Bungle Bungle Guided Tours
It’s more than just a tour –
One of only 12 UNESCO Natural World Heritage sites in Australia, Purnululu National Park covers almost 240,000 hectares of remote wilderness and includes the Bungle Bungle Range, a spectacular landscape of sculptured rocks and sandstone towers. Your guide will take you back to a time where the Aboriginal people lived here for some 40,000 years. Learn about bush-tucker, Aboriginal customs and the many reasons why Purnululu is World Heritage listed. Immerse yourself in the spirit of this ancient place. Bungle Bungle Guided Tours is an Accredited Tourism Business and offers a unique experience, providing guided walking tours with an Aboriginal perspective of the World Heritage listed Purnululu National Park. Locally owned, our experienced guides showcase the cultural significance and history of the Bungle Bungle.
We provide sunblock, refreshments and meals (as noted) and water to refill water bottles.
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge? Situated at the southern end of Purnululu in Savannah grassland, the lodge has a freshwater swimming pool and an open air dining deck as well as indoor dining room.
Accommodation in a spacious private ensuite cabin with 3 course dinner and cooked breakfast is from $297pp. Departure in the morning is at 7am or 10am.
Tours start from Bellburn airstrip, Purnululu National Park.
The park is 4WD access only and Bellburn is 76 km from the Great Northern highway. The access road is Spring Creek Track which meanders through Mabel Downs Cattle Station, through hills and over creek-beds. It is a pretty drive that takes between 2 to 3 hours depending on the current conditions.
You can fly in to join our tours from most Kimberley towns with a scenic flight transfer by plane or helicopter.
Scenic flights over the Kimberley are spectacular and show the hidden secrets you just don’t see from the ground. Choose from a helicopter departing from Warmun or Kununurra or an aeroplane departing from Kununurra, El Questro or Broome.
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- All in all a fantastic day that I will never forget, thanks again to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- ' Our overall experience from booking, to flights, to ground tour at Bungles to return flight was excellent. Aviair were extremely professional in their approach - friendly, clear expectations to clarify any passengers flying concerns. The commentary whilst we were in the air was informative and easy to hear. The comfort of the plane was superior - air-conditioning was appreciated. The scenic tour aspect of the flight was fabulous! What amazing views of unique landscapes! The pilot was highly professional. The ground tour at the Bungles was excellent. The guides were friendly, funny and informative. Enjoyed the company of those on our walking tour, too. Overall, a highly memorable day. Absolutely worthwhile. The reservations system was excellent too. My few inquiries after booking were answered promptly and in a friendly manner. My phone call just prior to the tour was also answered promptly and attended to professionally. Thank you to all.' Grace
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela
- Thank you so much to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours for an absolutely spectacular day.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor