Vacancies at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours
We are currently on the lookout for superstar Tour Guides and Drivers for our 2021 season. If you have a passion for the Australia Outback, know how to provide an amazing guest experience, and are looking for your next adventure please get in touch today.
Forward your CV and cover letter outlining why you would love to work at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour Guide / Driver
Are you looking for an exciting role working in a World Heritage National Park? Are you a passionate Tour Guide interested in Aboriginal culture, Geology, Flora and Fauna, and do you want to help create memorable visitor experiences?
About the Role
Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and Bungle Bungle Guided Tours are well-established, award-winning companies providing guided tours and accommodation in Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle). We are seeking professional and enthusiastic Tour Guides for the 2023 season, who share our passion for the Kimberley. The successful applicant must be comfortable working in hot conditions at our live-in remote Lodge.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead tours of 2-35 guests through Purnululu National Park walking trails, presenting scientifically, historically, and culturally accurate commentary on the Purnululu National Park and East Kimberley Region.
- Operate 4WD tour vehicles, ensuring vehicles are clean, tidy, and maintained before and after each tour.
- Provide friendly and attentive service to guests, aiming to receive excellent guest feedback.
- Adopt a culture of safety, ensuring safety management systems and emergency procedures are adhered to.
The successful applicant candidate will possess the following skills and aptitude profile:
- A minimum 1 year of wilderness guiding experience.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook, and a team player.
- Safety First mindset.
- Confident speaker with excellent communication skills.
- Committed to outstanding customer service and willing to go above and beyond for our diverse range of guests.
- Cultural and scientific (geological and local flora/fauna) knowledge of the Kimberley, ideally Purnululu National Park.
- International and Aboriginal cultural competency.
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate.
- Hold a HR Drivers License with Passenger Transfer Driver (PTD) Authorisation, and off-road driving experience.
This role is a seasonal live in position from April through to the end of September, working 20 days per 4 weeks and 8 days off, with a minimum of 4 days off each month in town. Meals and safari tent accommodation are provided on site, as well as the ability to explore the national park and surrounding Kimberley. Air transfers are also provided in and out of the National Park from Kununurra.