It’s more than just a tour –
Bungle Bungle Guided Tours offer a unique experience, providing guided walking tours with an Aboriginal perspective of the world heritage listed Purnululu National Park. Locally owned, we aim to employ only local Aboriginal guides who share their culture with visitors whilst on tour.
One of only 12 UNESCO Natural World Heritage sites in Australia, Purnululu National Park covers almost 240,000 hectares of remote wilderness and includes the Bungle Bungle Range, a spectacular landscape of sculptured rocks and sandstone towers. Your local guide will take you back to a time where the Aboriginal people lived here for some 40,000 years. Learn about bush-tucker, Aboriginal customs and the many reasons why Purnululu is World Heritage listed. Immerse yourself in the spirit of this ancient place.
Explore Our 3 Tours
Choose from a range of Bungle Bungle guided walks suiting all levels of fitness. We offer 3 guided walking tours described individually below.
The Cathedral Gorge and Domes guided walk is suitable for most levels of fitness. The walk has some steps with handrails and sandy creek beds to walk on and is classed as easy to moderate in difficulty.
The Cathedral Gorge, Domes and Echidna Chasm guided walk is a full day tour with an afternooon walk into Echidna Chasm. This has lots of steps up to viewing platforms and includes ladders to climb over boulders. It is classed as moderately challenging in difficulty.
The Piccaninny Gorge heli-hike is for fit and experienced walkers as there is no track and the walk is in a rocky creek bed. It requires a very high level of fitness.
All tours start from Bellburn airstrip in Purnululu National Park. You can drive in to meet our tours, or choose a scenic flight transfer from most Kimberley towns. Read on to find out more.
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- We were extremely pleased with the tour and have recommended it to people we have met since.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- All in all a fantastic day that I will never forget, thanks again to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Thank you so much to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours for an absolutely spectacular day.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our tour guide was excellent and we felt we gained a great feeling for the area after our trip with her, I am sure there are many people like us who would love the tour.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer