A taste of the iconic Bungle Bungle dome-shaped structures. This walk is perfect for those who are unable to walk long distances or would simply prefer not to. Departing from Bellburn Airstrip, you will meet your guide and travel in air-conditioned comfort for approximately 20-30 minutes onboard a 4WD vehicle to Piccaninny carpark.
From here you will embark on an easy 1km walk along the sandy creek bed amongst the World Heritage listed beehive-shaped domes. Your guide will provide insight on the flora, fauna and Indigenous heritage of the park, while also explaining the history of how these famous eroded towers, banded with the colours of orange and black have developed over thousands of years.
Afterwards you’ll retreat to Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge for a delicious lunch, for those wanting to cool off there is the opportunity to swim in the ‘only pool’ located within Purnululu National Park.
Once refreshed and refuelled, reboard the 4WD vehicle heading north to Kungkalanayi Lookout. This involves a small walk uphill where you’ll be rewarded with 360-degree views of the region, including the western escarpment of the Bungle Bungle Range. On the return journey, stop in at the Purnululu Visitor Centre which offers the chance to purchase a souvenir, before returning to Bellburn Airstrip where you will farewell your guide.”
TOUR PRICE INCLUDING SCENIC AEROPLANE TRANSFER
|Departure Location||Adult Cost||Child Cost||Times|
|Kununurra (Tour Code: KBB5)||$799 pp||$679 pp||9:00am – 5:00pm (6:00am – 2:00pm in September)|
Add a Bungle Bungle Helicopter Flight if you are flying in by plane, or driving into Purnululu.
For thrilling close up aerial views and excellent photographic opportunities
|Tour A18||18 minutes||Domes Special flight||$299 pp|
|Tour A30||30 minutes||Bungle Bungle Domes and Red Rock Gorges Flight||$449 pp|
|Tour A42||42 minutes||The Ultimate Bungle Bungle Flight||$549 pp|
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge. This eco accommodation in the heart of the national park offers dinner, bed and breakfast packages with homestead-style meals infused with native herbs and spices prepared by an onsite chef.
A full package from Kununurra by plane with return scenic flights, overnight stay with dinner and breakfast and the Domes & Kungkalanayi Lookout Guided walk is $1415/adult and $1236/child. Single supplement is $161 per person
Explore Our Other Tours
Day Tours from Kununurra
Bungle Bungle Overnight Tours
Walks from Purululu
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our tour guide was excellent and we felt we gained a great feeling for the area after our trip with her, I am sure there are many people like us who would love the tour.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer