SNAPSHOT OF THIS TOUR:
- Departs Kununurra 9:00am on Day 1 (6:00am in September)
- Domes & Kungkalanayi Guided Tour
- Overnight dinner, bed and breakfast at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge
- Return to Kununurra on the morning of Day 2
- Return scenic flights over the Bungles and Lake Argyle
This tour begins with a scenic flight departing Kununurra, which gives views of the magnificent Ord River and Lake Argyle as well as Lissadell Station, Texas Downs Station, the rugged Osmand Ranges and of course a picturesque circuit over the Bungle Bungle Range.
After disembarking, you will follow your guide on an easy 1km walking tour of the spectacular beehive-shaped domes before making your way to the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge for a delicious lunch. You will have an opportunity to cool off in the “only pool” in the national park before heading north to the Kungkalanayi Lookout and the Purnululu Visitor Centre.
After a day of exploring, relax in your cabin or else by the pool at Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and take in a beautiful East Kimberley sunset. Dinner is served at the Lodge at 6:30pm and can be eaten either inside the lodge dining room, or under the stars in an alfresco dining area.
In the morning, enjoy a breakfast at the Lodge before returning to Kununurra on a flight which offers magnificent views of the Argyle Diamond Mine, Ragged Ranges and Carr Boyd Ranges.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Enclosed walking shoes
- Sunscreen and light clothing
- Water bottle
- Soft overnight bag – weighing no more than 8kg
- Medication (if required)
- Warm clothing for cool evenings
TOUR PRICE INFORMATION:
|Departure Location||Adult Cost||Child Cost||Times|
Single Supplement $161pp
|$1,236pp||One full day tour & overnight
Departing from Kununurra Day 1: 9:00am (6:00am in September)
Returning to Kununurra Day 2: 7:00am/10:00am
Explore Our Other Tours
Day Tours from Kununurra
Bungle Bungle Overnight Tours
Walks from Purnululu
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer