SNAPSHOT OF THIS TOUR:
- Departs Kununurra 9:00am returning at 5:00pm (6:00am-2:00pm in September)
- Return scenic flights over the Bungle Bungle and Lake Argyle
- Domes & Kungkalanayi Lookout guided walking tour
A short guided walk option for those unable to walk longer distances or would simply prefer not to. The day begins with a scenic flight with Aviair departing Kununurra, providing unparalled views of the Ord Irrigation Scheme, Lake Argyle, Ord & Bow Rivers and the Bungle Bungle Range.
Meet your guide at Bellburn Airstrip and enjoy a fresh morning tea before travelling in air-conditioned comfort for approximately 20-30 minutes onboard a 4WD vehicle to Piccaninny carpark. From here you will embark on an easy 1km walk along the sandy creek bed amongst the World Heritage listed beehive-shaped domes. Your guide will provide insight on the flora, fauna and Indigenous heritage of the park, while also explaining the history of how these famous eroded towers, banded with the colours of orange and black have developed over thousands of years.
Afterwards you’ll retreat to Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge for a delicious lunch, for those wanting to cool off there is the opportunity to swim in the ‘only pool’ located within Purnululu National Park.
Once refreshed and refuelled, reboard the 4WD vehicle heading north to Kungkalanayi Lookout. This involves a small walk uphill where you’ll be rewarded with 360-degree views of the region, including the western escarpment of the Bungle Bungle Range. On the return journey, stop in at the Purnululu Visitor Centre which offers the chance to purchase a souvenir, before returning to Bellburn Airstrip. Here, you will farewell your guide and re-board your plane to fly over the Argyle Diamond Mine & Carr Boyd Ranges to Kununurra.
WHAT TO BRING:
- walking shoes
- Water bottle
TOUR PRICE INFORMATION:
|Departure Location||Adult Cost||Child Cost||Times|
|Kununurra||$799pp||$679pp||Approx 8 hours
9:00am from Kununurra (6:00am in September)
Explore Our Other Tours
Day Tours from Kununurra
Bungle Bungle Overnight Tours
Walks from Purululu
- Our tour guide was excellent and we felt we gained a great feeling for the area after our trip with her, I am sure there are many people like us who would love the tour.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- ' Our overall experience from booking, to flights, to ground tour at Bungles to return flight was excellent. Aviair were extremely professional in their approach - friendly, clear expectations to clarify any passengers flying concerns. The commentary whilst we were in the air was informative and easy to hear. The comfort of the plane was superior - air-conditioning was appreciated. The scenic tour aspect of the flight was fabulous! What amazing views of unique landscapes! The pilot was highly professional. The ground tour at the Bungles was excellent. The guides were friendly, funny and informative. Enjoyed the company of those on our walking tour, too. Overall, a highly memorable day. Absolutely worthwhile. The reservations system was excellent too. My few inquiries after booking were answered promptly and in a friendly manner. My phone call just prior to the tour was also answered promptly and attended to professionally. Thank you to all.' Grace
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor