SNAPSHOT OF THIS TOUR:
- Departs Kununurra 9:00am returning at 5:00pm (6:00am-2:00pm in September)
- Return scenic flights over the Bungle Bungle and Lake Argyle
- Domes & Kungkalanayi Lookout guided walking tour
A short guided walk option for those unable to walk longer distances or would simply prefer not to. The day begins with a scenic flight with Aviair departing Kununurra, providing unparalled views of the Ord Irrigation Scheme, Lake Argyle, Ord & Bow Rivers and the Bungle Bungle Range.
Meet your guide at Bellburn Airstrip and enjoy a fresh morning tea before travelling in air-conditioned comfort for approximately 20-30 minutes onboard a 4WD vehicle to Piccaninny carpark. From here you will embark on an easy 1km walk along the sandy creek bed amongst the World Heritage listed beehive-shaped domes. Your guide will provide insight on the flora, fauna and Indigenous heritage of the park, while also explaining the history of how these famous eroded towers, banded with the colours of orange and black have developed over thousands of years.
Afterwards you’ll retreat to Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge for a delicious lunch, for those wanting to cool off there is the opportunity to swim in the ‘only pool’ located within Purnululu National Park.
Once refreshed and refuelled, reboard the 4WD vehicle heading north to Kungkalanayi Lookout. This involves a small walk uphill where you’ll be rewarded with 360-degree views of the region, including the western escarpment of the Bungle Bungle Range. On the return journey, stop in at the Purnululu Visitor Centre which offers the chance to purchase a souvenir, before returning to Bellburn Airstrip. Here, you will farewell your guide and re-board your plane to fly over the Argyle Diamond Mine & Carr Boyd Ranges to Kununurra.
WHAT TO BRING:
- walking shoes
- Water bottle
TOUR PRICE INFORMATION:
|Departure Location||Adult Cost||Child Cost||Times|
|Kununurra||$799pp||$679pp||Approx 8 hours
9:00am from Kununurra (6:00am in September)
Explore Our Other Tours
Day Tours from Kununurra
Bungle Bungle Overnight Tours
Walks from Purululu
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela
- Our tour guide was excellent and we felt we gained a great feeling for the area after our trip with her, I am sure there are many people like us who would love the tour.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- Thank you so much to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours for an absolutely spectacular day.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- We were extremely pleased with the tour and have recommended it to people we have met since.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer