Meet your local tour guide at the HeliSpirit shady area at Bellburn airstrip in Purnululu national park. Join your fellow travellers on this unique small group guided tour. After your briefing, board a helicopter to fly over the south west of the Bungle Bungle to “Y” Gorge before soaring across the top of the enormous massif to the mouth of spectacular Piccaninny Gorge where we land. This enormous gorge spreads into five fingers as it cuts through the Bungle Bungle Range. Your guide will lead the hike into the gorge and tell you about the area’s cultural significance to the Aboriginal people and it’s unique history, which led to the world heritage listing of Purnululu. The hike is up to 10km return and requires a high level of fitness and mobility. The rocky creek bed of Piccaninny Gorge is classed as a level 5 walk.
Your return helicopter flight continues along the southern face, following Picaninny Creek where you can view the mouth of Cathedral Gorge and soar amongst the famous orange and black striped sandstone beehive shaped domes.
Included: Picnic lunch, morning and afternoon tea and cold water.
|Tour BB4 + Scenic Aeroplane Transfers||Tour BB4 + Scenic Helicopter Transfers|
|Departure location||Cost||Times||Departure location||Cost||Times|
|Kununurra||$ 1579pp||6.00am – 5.00pm||Warmun||$ 1599pp||6.30am – 4.00pm|
|Halls Creek||$ 1439pp||6.30am – 4.00pm||Kununurra||$ 2799pp||5.45am – 5.00pm|
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge? Accommodation in a deluxe safari cabin with ensuite, 3 course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast is from $250pp. Departure in the morning is at 7am or 10am.
TOUR CODE BB1 + SCENIC AEROPLANE TRANSFER
|Halls Creek||$1339 pp||6:30am-4:00pm|
|El Questro||$1439 pp||6:00am-5:00pm|
TOUR CODE BB1 + SCENIC HELICOPTER TRANSFER
|Warmun||$1599 pp||6:45am – 4:00pm|
*Includes morning tea, lunch and cold water throughout.
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our guide's knowledge, enthusiasm and careful explanations really added another dimension to the three walks we went on.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- All in all a fantastic day that I will never forget, thanks again to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our tour guide was excellent and we felt we gained a great feeling for the area after our trip with her, I am sure there are many people like us who would love the tour.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- We were extremely pleased with the tour and have recommended it to people we have met since.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer