Meet your local tour guide at the HeliSpirit shady area at Bellburn airstrip in Purnululu national park. Join your fellow travellers on this unique small group guided tour. After your briefing, board a helicopter to fly over the south west of the Bungle Bungle to “Y” Gorge before soaring across the top of the enormous massif to the mouth of spectacular Piccaninny Gorge where we land. This enormous gorge spreads into five fingers as it cuts through the Bungle Bungle Range. Your guide will lead the hike into the gorge and tell you about the area’s cultural significance to the Aboriginal people and it’s unique history, which led to the world heritage listing of Purnululu. The hike is up to 10km return and requires a high level of fitness and mobility. The rocky creek bed of Piccaninny Gorge is classed as a level 5 walk.
Your return helicopter flight continues along the southern face, following Picaninny Creek where you can view the mouth of Cathedral Gorge and soar amongst the famous orange and black striped sandstone beehive shaped domes.
Included: Picnic lunch, morning and afternoon tea and cold water.
|Tour BB4 + Scenic Aeroplane Transfers||Tour BB4 + Scenic Helicopter Transfers|
|Departure location||Cost||Times||Departure location||Cost||Times|
|Kununurra||$ 1579pp||6.00am – 5.00pm||Warmun||$ 1599pp||6.30am – 4.00pm|
|Halls Creek||$ 1439pp||6.30am – 4.00pm||Kununurra||$ 2799pp||5.45am – 5.00pm|
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge? Accommodation in a deluxe safari cabin with ensuite, 3 course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast is from $250pp. Departure in the morning is at 7am or 10am.
TOUR CODE BB1 + SCENIC AEROPLANE TRANSFER
|Halls Creek||$1339 pp||6:30am-4:00pm|
|El Questro||$1439 pp||6:00am-5:00pm|
TOUR CODE BB1 + SCENIC HELICOPTER TRANSFER
|Warmun||$1599 pp||6:45am – 4:00pm|
*Includes morning tea, lunch and cold water throughout.
- ' Our overall experience from booking, to flights, to ground tour at Bungles to return flight was excellent. Aviair were extremely professional in their approach - friendly, clear expectations to clarify any passengers flying concerns. The commentary whilst we were in the air was informative and easy to hear. The comfort of the plane was superior - air-conditioning was appreciated. The scenic tour aspect of the flight was fabulous! What amazing views of unique landscapes! The pilot was highly professional. The ground tour at the Bungles was excellent. The guides were friendly, funny and informative. Enjoyed the company of those on our walking tour, too. Overall, a highly memorable day. Absolutely worthwhile. The reservations system was excellent too. My few inquiries after booking were answered promptly and in a friendly manner. My phone call just prior to the tour was also answered promptly and attended to professionally. Thank you to all.' Grace
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela
- We were extremely pleased with the tour and have recommended it to people we have met since.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- Thank you so much to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours for an absolutely spectacular day.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer