Meet your local tour guide at the HeliSpirit shady area at Bellburn airstrip in Purnululu national park. Join your fellow travellers on this unique small group guided tour. After your briefing, board a helicopter to fly over the south west of the Bungle Bungle to “Y” Gorge before soaring across the top of the enormous massif to the mouth of spectacular Piccaninny Gorge where we land. This enormous gorge spreads into five fingers as it cuts through the Bungle Bungle Range. Your guide will lead the hike into the gorge and tell you about the area’s cultural significance to the Aboriginal people and it’s unique history, which led to the world heritage listing of Purnululu. The hike is up to 10km return and requires a high level of fitness and mobility. The rocky creek bed of Piccaninny Gorge is classed as a level 5 walk.
Your return helicopter flight continues along the southern face, following Picaninny Creek where you can view the mouth of Cathedral Gorge and soar amongst the famous orange and black striped sandstone beehive shaped domes.
Included: Picnic lunch, morning and afternoon tea and cold water.
|Tour BB4 + Scenic Aeroplane Transfers||Tour BB4 + Scenic Helicopter Transfers|
|Departure location||Cost||Times||Departure location||Cost||Times|
|Kununurra||$ 1579pp||6.00am – 5.00pm||Warmun||$ 1599pp||6.30am – 4.00pm|
|Halls Creek||$ 1439pp||6.30am – 4.00pm||Kununurra||$ 2799pp||5.45am – 5.00pm|
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge? Accommodation in a deluxe safari cabin with ensuite, 3 course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast is from $250pp. Departure in the morning is at 7am or 10am.
TOUR CODE BB1 + SCENIC AEROPLANE TRANSFER
|Halls Creek||$1339 pp||6:30am-4:00pm|
|El Questro||$1439 pp||6:00am-5:00pm|
TOUR CODE BB1 + SCENIC HELICOPTER TRANSFER
|Warmun||$1599 pp||6:45am – 4:00pm|
*Includes morning tea, lunch and cold water throughout.
- Thank you so much to the team at Bungle Bungle Guided Tours for an absolutely spectacular day.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor
- You really get a deeper understanding of the cultural significance and history of the area than if you did the walks on your own.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- 'Hi Yvonne, thank you for all your help in organising the trip for my Dad. He had a wonderful time! Everyone from you (and the other reservation staff), the staff at Freshwater Apartments, Aviair, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge and our guide Lisa were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. The scenery was of course spectacular! And it was really good having the pilots and Lisa provide some knowledge on the area. We couldn’t have had a better time.' Angela