Code BB3 | Moderately challenging
Departs: Bellburn Airstrip, Purnululu National Park
Time and Duration: 7.15am to 3.30pm
Check in is 20 minutes prior to departure.
Price: Adult: $399pp Child: $200pp
Meet your local tour guide at the HeliSpirit shady area at Bellburn airstrip in Purnululu national park. Join your fellow travellers on this unique small group guided tour. First your guide will drive you closer to the south west corner of the Bungle Bungle range. Walk amongst the famous eroded towers and black and orange banded beehive structures on the Domes Walk. Your guide will take you into Cathedral Gorge, where the towering cliffs open up to form a space with awe inspiring natural acoustics. Walk along the sandy bed of Piccaninny Creek, which flows only in the monsoon waterfall season. Learn about the Kimberley climate, the 6 seasons and unique flora and fauna so important to the traditional custodians of the land. A small backpack with your lunch is provided per couple, or per person if you are a solo traveller.
The northern gorges of Purnululu are quite different to Cathedral Gorge and the Domes at the south.
A 65 minute drive takes us northwards along the Western Wall of the Bungle Bungle Range. We leave the sandstone striped domes behind us to view conglomerate structure with deep cutting rifts. A rocky path leads your walk into Echidna Chasm, which narrows until it is just two shoulders width apart. Gazing skywards to the bright blue sky, the orange towering walls look as if they are lit from within. Livistona palm trees cling to the vertical sides. A high level of mobility is required for this 1.5 hour walk as it includes walking up ladders to viewing platforms at the end of the chasm.
Includes morning tea, lunch, cold water, chilled refresher towels.
Tour KBB3 includes Scenic Air Transfers
Departs Kununurra 6 am returning 5 pm
This scenic flight takes you on an unforgettable adventure over the Bungle Bungle Range, Lake Argyle, the Argyle
Diamond Mine and Ord River Irrigation Area. You will also fly over the stunning Carr Boyd Ranges, Osmand Ranges, the
Ord River and the Bow River.
Adult: $1,197 Child: $958
Add a Bungle Bungle Helicopter Flight
For thrilling close up aerial views and excellent photographic opportunities
- Tour A18: 18 minute Domes Special flight: $299pp
- Tour A30: 30 minute Original Bungle Bungle helicopter flight: $399pp
- Tour A42: 42 minute Bungle Bungle Long Look: $499pp
Stay the night in the Bungles
With exquisite starry skies above – why not stay the night at the Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge?
Accommodation in a superior safari cabin with ensuite, 3 course buffet dinner and cooked breakfast is $297pp. Departure in the morning is at 7am or 10am.
TOUR CODE BB2
|Depature Location||Cost||Return Time|
|Kununurra or El Questro||Add $549 pp||5:00pm|
|Halls Creek||Add $395 pp||4:30pm|
|Warmun||Add $199 pp||4:20pm|
*Includes morning tea, lunch and cold water throughout.
- We were extremely pleased with the tour and have recommended it to people we have met since.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- ' Our overall experience from booking, to flights, to ground tour at Bungles to return flight was excellent. Aviair were extremely professional in their approach - friendly, clear expectations to clarify any passengers flying concerns. The commentary whilst we were in the air was informative and easy to hear. The comfort of the plane was superior - air-conditioning was appreciated. The scenic tour aspect of the flight was fabulous! What amazing views of unique landscapes! The pilot was highly professional. The ground tour at the Bungles was excellent. The guides were friendly, funny and informative. Enjoyed the company of those on our walking tour, too. Overall, a highly memorable day. Absolutely worthwhile. The reservations system was excellent too. My few inquiries after booking were answered promptly and in a friendly manner. My phone call just prior to the tour was also answered promptly and attended to professionally. Thank you to all.' Grace
- After a lovely morning tea and lunch we got back on the plane and did an air tour over the Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine and then back on to Kununurra.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Our tour guide was excellent and we felt we gained a great feeling for the area after our trip with her, I am sure there are many people like us who would love the tour.Howard & Dimity WebbBBGT Customer
- I went on the BB1 tour and it was fantastic from start to finish. After our flight from Kununurra we landed at the spectacular Bungle Bungles and were given a warm welcome by tour guide.Alana TrewBBGT Customer
- Daisy and Jen: two guides with vastly different backgrounds combined to create a surprisingly thoughtful and informative Bungle Bungles tour. Daisy brought delightful candour and mature insight into her discussion about local Aboriginal culture. Jen added her depth of knowledge of the Bungles' geology and botany. Together they worked seamlessly to walk us through the Bungles, learning as we went, and taking a great deal of care to ensure that we traveled at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for rest and hydration because of the heat. A really enjoyable and informative tour. - PhyseterPhyseterTripAdvisor